Friday, August 3, 2012

what's, what's my name

"Hey, do you know the word for—"

(I like this game!)

"—the surface of the water, but from below? Say, if you were a fish in a lake, looking up? The underside of the surface?"

My eyes are wide and my workday is shot. Is there a word for that? I'm consumed by the idea that a term exists, if not in Japanese or Norse then in hydrology or ichthyology or fluid dynamics or scuba. Excruciating! There are all these words I might never know!

No comments: